Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How I Make God's Grace Cheap

"We exaggerate our strengths, hide our mistakesThat's a bad place, cuz we only make his grace cheap" -KB (Song "Don't Mean Much")
This quote by the Christian Hip-Hop artist KB has caused me to stop and think more than once about my mindset when it comes to the Christian life...How often I try to put on a facade ...make it look like I've got everything under control...maintain the cleaned, ironed, and pressed "Dane Miodov" for the world to see...

The truth of the matter though is that I'm a wreck...

More than often I find myself surrendering to fear when God brings opportunities my way to extend His love to those needing it...

More than often I find myself seeking lesser joys than the Joy that comes through a living relationship with the One God through Jesus Christ...

Fueled by anxiety, I struggle to "get things together" before my true colors are unveiled...

The truth of the matter though, is that all of this, does nothing but make the grace of God and His miraculous life-changing work in me cheap...inexpensive...mediocre...common...

My God is more loving and gracious than words can even communicate. Every day I make mistakes, choosing myself over God. And yet...

God has never left me and He never will (Heb 13:5). In fact He has continued to seek me, change me, and love me, turning my heart from me to Him. To hide my faults and mishaps is to steal and minimize the unfathomable glory of God shown through His mercy and love in my life thereby creating a small god who is dependent on me to fix me. This is not the God who sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and take the divine wrath and judgment for us that we KNOW we deserve (Galatians 3).

Praise be to God for such great grace! Help me to not make it cheap Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment